Friday, August 15, 2014

Water Face - The Ultimate Mask



Sometimes I feel like glowing skin is all I need in life. With a creamy, clear complexion, I feel like I can take on the world and the possibilities are blissfully endless. It would be nice to honestly tell you #IWokeUpLikeThis but 1. I didn't, and 2. That wouldn't be nice at all... What would be nice is for me to tell you exactly how to get skin with a tone so perfect, it looks like you've run through an airbrush machine, and so clear it looks like... well, water! Water face!!




First thing's first... You must prep your skin and exfoliate. I love, love, LOVE the Cranberry Gommage exfoliating scrub by Arcona. It is a facial in a bottle. It is comprised of all natural products - perfect for people with sensitive skin, and people sensitive to the plight of the poor little fish who swallow microbeads (look it up). Wash your face with warm water to get your pores all opened up. Add a little squeeze of the Arcona scrub and gently massage your entire face. It completely decongests your pores and leaves you with perfectly smooth skin.

I swear there's not a blackhead in site when I use this scrub regularly (about 3 times a week). On a normal day, you could stop here and just carry on with your facial routine. But on day where you're really going above and beyond, now is when you whip out your SK-II Facial Treatment Mask.Yes it's expensive (I wait for Sephora's sales/coupons), but for good reason - there is something magical in that formula. It is a paper mask that has been soaked in a miraculous blend of vitamins, minerals, and organic acids meant to give you intense hydration. Hydration = MAJOR glow.

Two Important Things: One, the directions say to leave the mask on for 10 mins... umm, I paid a lot of money for this soggy little piece of paper so I'm going to leave it on for a lot longer than that and I suggest you do too. I leave mine on until the paper is basically dry (roughly 45 mins - 1 hour). Two, you will notice there is a lot of extra liquid in the little packet after you take the mask out. In the days following the mask, I apply the excess liquid as my serum until I run out.


After peeling off the mask, you will not be able to stop staring at your skin. It gives you the most even toned, moisturized plump little face you could ever wish for. Skin so clear, it literally looks like water!!

xo,
The Ging Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment