Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Review: Biologique Recherche



I would just love to be one of those girls who has maybe 3 items in her bathroom cabinet and somehow still walks around town with glowing skin. But just as I've learned to love these bright orange tresses of mine, I'm also learning to love (or at least accept) my skin. But that doesn't mean I can't try and buff and plump it to the best of my ability! Enter investment skincare...

This term can be quite dangerous to a beauty-loving girl like me, because it promises gorgeous skin at the price of a very light, maybe even empty, wallet (I'll get to the rationalization/justification bit in a sec). A few brands I have come to love that give both instant and lasting effects are Murad, SkinCeuticals, Obagi, and most recently, Biologique Recherche.

But let's talk about that last guy... Obviously French, so one would gather it's trustworthy at the very least. While I have given up trying to pronounce it correctly, I couldn't deny the millions of reviews dubbing it a "facial in a bottle" or "cult skin-care product" any longer! Used by the likes of Mary-Kate and Ashley and Jenna Lyons, it's been circling the celebrity pond for quite some time now and I figured it's time I add my name (face?) to the list. Here's my lengthy review...

How to get your hands on the stuff...
Step One actually proved to be pretty difficult. I searched high and low on every online beauty retailer I knew (which is A LOT) and found it nowhere. It is available at some high-end salons and a very select amount of online shops. I used Rescue Spa. You have to make an account to even see prices, but after that, the whole process is very straight forward. I also chatted online and spoke with someone on the phone to make sure I was getting the correct products for my skin, which I HIGHLY recommend. I chose the Lait VIP O2 Cleansing Milk and the Lotion P50 toner.

The Products...
The Lotion P50 is what has made the entire line famous, so that intrigued me the most. It is a blend of many things that are hard to pronounce (organic and natural, this is not), but the main ingredient is phenol. Some people take offence to phenol, so the line also has a version without it. And on top of that, there are varying degrees of intensity. I chose the original version, because it gets the most clout and I wanted the product that's giving everyone crazy beautiful skin. I would recommend this to anyone, unless you have very sensitive skin. After many chats with the lovely ladies at Rescue Spa, I chose the Lait VIP O2 Cleansing Milk because I wanted something that would perfectly prep my skin for the Lotion P50. It is an "antipollution cleanser" (try and keep up!), meaning it eliminates impurities and revitalizes dull skin. It's oxygenated, so it actually hydrates while doing all the hard work of cleansing. AND it takes off your makeup!

How to Use...
You need to prepare yourself for a routine. This is NOT for the girl who just slaps on some cold cream and calls it a day. Begin with the cleanser: With clean hands, rub the cleansing milk into your dry or damp skin in small upward circles. Your makeup will start to emulsify and break down. Then take a warm, damp washcloth (preferably muslin) and wipe your skin clean. Repeat for a double cleanse (only necessary at night - when you have makeup on). Follow immediately with the toner. Dab a few drops onto a cotton square and rub across entire face in upwards motions. For a more intense experience, dab onto a DRY cotton square. If you're a bit sensitive, start off using a slightly damp cotton square. Either way, you will feel a tingling (almost numbing?) sensation that I actually really liked. It also smells like that Vick's throat spray, so prepare for that. Wait until it feels completely absorbed before following with your serum and moisturizer of choice.

Results...
I have to admit, I saw results immediately... The very next day (after doing the routine only twice), my skin completely glowed. Clogged pores were cleared and small breakouts were swiftly done away with. The Lotion P50 is my new holy water. Two weeks later and I'm completely blown away. It feels like I had been walking around with a shameful amount of dead skin on my face and now it's all gone, leaving clear, bright skin. I didn't even think my skin had that much to improve on but suddenly it feels completely transformed. And honestly, while the routine may sound like a lot of work, I have started to look forward to it because the results are THAT amazing. I've raved about the results of the SK-II wonder mask before, but whereas that's a more instant, quick fix... these products leave your skin looking like that ALL the time. And who wouldn't want that??

Justification/Rationalization of the price...
I mean, it's your FACE. This is not a dress that may or may not be in season three months down the line. It's your face! It's the first thing people see and you truly only get one. I am a firm believer that with gorgeous skin, you can rock literally anything neck-down. You can be the girl at the party in a white tee and jeans and look better than the rest. Also, these products really do work. They do everything everyone says they do, taking the gamble out of the equation. And while I don't advocate getting yourself into debt over these magic potions, I do 100% advocate saving your pennies for them. Or just start with one and incorporate the Lotion P50 into your routine. Maybe opt out on a few meals out here and there, or that dress that you know you legit already have 3 of in your closet... Or is that just me...

xo,
The Ging Twins

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ladies!

    Excellent review, we're so glad you're enjoying the Biologique Recherche products :)

    All the best,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! You ladies are wonderfully helpful and a pleasure to chat with!!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Its oxygenated so it hydrates? Where did you come up with that?

    ReplyDelete