Thursday, September 4, 2014

Wear the Pants


Top: ASOS // Pants (Old): Similar Here // Shoes: TOPSHOP '13 (Similar Here) // Sunglasses: Chanel // Purse: Chloe

Fashion during these super warm months can get a little repetitive, alternating between cutoffs and dresses - anything to keep cool! But on those days when it wasn't blazing hot (or if I was spending a lot of time indoors), linen pants were the perfect alternative. The linen pants I am wearing here kept me cool and comfortable all day long; they are pretty much another version of a sweatpant, but much more flattering. Normally, when opting for a wide-leg pant like these I tend to choose a much more form fitting top, but today, I wanted a baggier blouse to parallel my pants. Since I am on the shorter side, I probably would stick to wearing a heel with this outfit (hence my major 70s platforms), but those on the taller side and with longer legs can probably pull off a flat sandal. The ASOS top I am wearing has become one of my favorite silhouettes. A sleeveless sweater or blouse with a high neck is the ultimate 90s throwback that I cannot seem to shake (think Rachel Green from Friends). I prefer to wear this high neck with my hair up in some way, just so I am not totally covered up. Now that the temperature is dropping, change up your go-to summer ensemble by wearing a wide leg trouser or linen pant, and a less than expected top to pair it with.










xo,
The Ging Twins

4 comments:

  1. I love this outfit!! great classic, but looks sharp and forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anon! We had fun putting it together! xo

      Delete
  2. How does the top run? Is it true to size? I want one!

    ReplyDelete